I’ve been using my Pinterest account lately to find new recipes and health ideas. I’ve actually found it works great as a search engine to find great enchilada recipes, party ideas etc. Anyway, I found a Grilled Zucchini Salad recipe on there and decided to try my own variation. I know this looks like quite the salad, but trust me there was a lot of arugula under all that yumminess! I might have slightly over done it on the pine nuts (they’re a weakness of mine), but if you take a look at the ingredients and it’s all quite healthy! I don’t really cook with measurements much, so sorry there aren’t more exact proportions, but most likely this salad will serve to launch your own version based on what you’ve got in the fridge!
Anyway, here’s the basic recipe:
- Grilled Zucchini – use a vegetable peeler to get really thin slices and then grill them. This brings out their flavors! I used my George Foreman Grill and it worked pretty good with a little olive oil and salt.
- Shrimp - sautéed with some garlic and lemon juice
- Goat Cheese – crumbled
- Toasted Pine Nuts
- White Mushrooms – quartered
- Hearts of Palm
- Balsamic Vinaigrette (see recipe below)
For Balsamic vinaigrette mix:
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Olive Oil
- Dijon Mustard
- Little bit o’ Honey (note: the honey and mustard act as an emulsifier keeping your oil and vinegar mixed)
Now, sit back and enjoy!