How can you have fun this summer without spending too much money? I know you’ve got a lot of “stuff” around the house just lying around. Why not turn them into something useful? People are becoming more conscious about spending their money on “stuff” and rather than have your home look like a cookie cutter why not kick up your creative juices and make something unique? Stop looking like the family next door and set yourself apart with your unique creative skills. I scanned the internet and found some fun environmental arts & crafts ideas for you and the family summer. Help out the environment this summer and keep more money in your wallet.
1) Recycled Flower Pot: This super cute flower pot is made from an empty plastic milk or juice jug. Instead of tossing the plastic jugs into the recycle can, turn them into a cute flower pot. Your kids will have fun making these. Let’s make it.
2) Ceramic Mosaic Tile Trivet: I love this one! Do you have any leftover tiles from your last home remodeling project? Well you can turn the tiles into coasters. You can have unique coasters. Let’s make it.
3) Wall Art: You don’t have to spend a fortune to hang fun art around your home. Look through your photographer friend’s photos and you might find something that you would be proud to hang up. Ask them if you can blow up the photo they took to hang on your wall. They will be honored that you asked. Check out this site for more ideas. Let’s make it.
4) Egg Cup Insects: Another cute project for you and your family. Didn’t know what to do with your empty egg cartons before? Now you can turn them into fuzzy, felt insects with your kids. Let’s make it.
5) Milk Jug Shade: Tired of those ugly cheap shades that come with your apartment or house? Check out this milk jug shade that looks beautiful when the light hits the plastic and it can make you look like a hipster. Let’s make it.
Are there any other green crafts that you love? Leave us a comment below if you do!
Photo Credit: amminopurr